DATA & PRIVACY
Addressing Privacy Concerns
Privacy concerns are none/minimal as no personal data is collected. Like many apps, Messages Improved only need the telephone number for user creation and authentication. We don’t ask for the name or other personally identifiable information.
LOGIN & AUTHENTICATION:
Currently use the telephone number & SMS-code authentication. But potential to integrate with operators existing login processes or use alternatives.
Uses existing infrastructure.
Handling determined by cloud provider. If us, then is customizable and can be end-to-end encrypted.
All data downloaded onto phone and matched locally.
Models currently in our back end and require message upload. But soon that will be all on the phone. Models can be regularly automatically downloaded.
Data & Privacy
History of Handling Data Responsibly
From the beginning, we’ve collect nothing by default and give options at every step.
Default: Collecting nothing
- By default, simply act as SMS/MMS app
- No interactions with our servers or 3rd parties
To enable RCS and other features:
- Authenticate via phone number, like most apps
- Enables creating a user in our systems
- Enables RCS, credits, campaigns & other features
- No personal info collected so user is anonymous
To enable personalized AI:
- Currently requires upload of messages
- In future, models will stay on the phone
- Plain-language explanation and ask for consent
- Easy to delete information